Re: [Healeys] paints - Imron

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] paints - Imron
From: healeyguy@aol.com
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 08:42:14 -0500 (EST)
Gary
I used to use Imron in the late 70's/ early 80's and can say that my
experiences where not that good. Product produces a very smooth, hard finish
but you can't do anything to it should there be any flaws in the paint. Forget
minor repairs for runs or chips. Paint strippers hardly touch the stuff.
Couple that to some of the worst paint fumes that could be generated at the
time, I swore off using it.  Boat repair shops liked using Imron on hulls but
I'm not sure that is still the case.
Aloha
Perry