Re: [Healeys] BJ8 Alternator install

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] BJ8 Alternator install
From: "Steve Gerow" <steveg@abrazosdata.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2013 06:35:00 -0800
My setup's not a BJ8 but it is the same.

Scroll down to page 3 for a picture of connections - setup includes dash
light:

http://www.healey6.com/Technical/Alternator1.pdf

Don Day wrote:

rom: Don Day <fsufan1952@yahoo.com
<https://mbox.hoster902.com/compose.php?to=fsufan1952@yahoo.com> >
To: healey list <healeys@autox.team.net
<https://mbox.hoster902.com/compose.php?to=healeys@autox.team.net> >
Subject: [Healeys] BJ8 Alternator install

I just bought the alternator kit  # COM180 from A/H Spares and I'm trying to
hook all things up. Looking at all the instructions and diagrams it looks as
though I can just gut my old voltage regulator, I bought a new one  when I
rebuilt my car years ago and I kept the old one,then internally connect all
terminals,D,W/L,F,and B ,then just hook up the wires back to there original
terminals? Then just use the existing wires from the old generator and plug
them into the new alternator ? And the existing wiring to the ignition
warning
light will be the same ? At the same time I am converting to a Neg earth and
installing a neg earth ignitor ignition kit in my distriubutor. And changing
the Tach wiring. My electronic fuel pump will work both ways.

  Has
anyone with a 1967 BJ8,PH II late production done this yet?

                    Thanks, Don

--

Steve Gerow