Re: [Healeys] exhaust

To: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] exhaust
From: Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 14:37:57 +0100
Cc: healeys@autox.team.net
Bob,
I was talking in general. It could well be that the original AH dampers
were straight through design glass fibre filled as they are very narrow.
Mild steel pipes do last well, it is the boxes that do not last in
systems without catalyst as acid condensation gathers in the bottom and
rots the box out from the inside. Here in Europe it was not uncommon
that one had to replace the rear box of a car every two years, and if
you had a French or Italian car it could be every year, especially if
you did short runs only.
The thickness of the material will most certainly play a role in the
acoustics. Mild steel systems would be thicker to create an acceptable
durability.
Kees Oudesluijs

--
Kees Oudesluijs
Dorpsstraat 183

Technische commissie Jensen Healey en GT
Het Jensen Genootschap Holland
www.jensenholland.nl