[Healeys] 26.5mm Iridium plugs in AEC960 head - xpost

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] 26.5mm Iridium plugs in AEC960 head - xpost
From: "Steve Gerow" <steveg@abrazosdata.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2013 16:11:27 -0800
I measured the hole at 24mm - see homemade gauge:

http://www.pbase.com/stevegerow/image/149102920

Am looking at using 26.5mm Iridium sparkplugs: NGK LFR6 series or Denso
IKH20 (aka 5344). The washer at 1.5mm takes the protrusion down to 1 mm into
the combustion chamber. There is 29mm of room between the spark plug face
and the top of the piston at the bottom of the spark plug hole.

I see these plugs are used in many turbo & normal cars and boat engines.
They are pricy but might add up to a slight performance increase from better
combustion.  Do they require an HEI ignition?

Has anyone tried these plugs.

--

Steve Gerow

Altadena, CA, USA