Re: [Healeys] BT7 Seat Rail Attachment

To: "Charlie Schott" <schottc@knology.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] BT7 Seat Rail Attachment
From: john spaur <jmsdarch@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 10:21:04 -0700
Cc: healeys@autox.team.net
Charlie,

The floor pans are pressed steel, I am not sure what you mean by the
holes being extruded up. The area where the metal strip rests should
be flat and the metal sets on top of the tar paper which is adhered
to the metal pan. The wood pieces set on top of the metal strip and
are supposed to hold jute backing in place with the carpet cut out
around the wood. However, I understand people cut the thick jute
around the wood pieces. I used oak for the wood and finished them
with a clear coat to add a protective finish. It is unlikely the
factory finished them because it would be an added cost. The lock
washer goes against the nut and the flat washer is on top of that
against the underside of the pan. Use anti-seize when reinstalling
them. The nut should fit through the pan, metal reinforcing piece and
the wood strip. I could not find the metal piece in the factory parts
manual and Moss does not list the wood piece but they are both stock.