Re: [Healeys] Gearbox

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>, <warthodson@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Gearbox
From: Bob Yule <autofarm@xplornet.ca>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 23:34:23 -0400
    Gary, we do it routinely. there are a few things to consider.  The drive
shaft has to be removed entirely,to allow the o/d unit to go back into the
tunnel far enough to clear the out put shaft of the gearbox, the throttle
linkage disconnected and the fan turned and shielded from the radiator.
Otherwise it is quite straightforward.
    The thrust washers that are referred to are adjacent to the sun wheel
and planet gear carrier and can move out of position.
Cheers.......Bob
Check out our web site www.autofarm.net