Re: [Healeys] Horsepower and Torque numbers - update

To: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Horsepower and Torque numbers - update
From: Derek Job <derek.c.job@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2013 16:13:28 +0000
Cc: Forum <healeys@autox.team.net>
Rick,

The car does already have Dennis Welch tubular manifolds but they are for
use with SU Carbs and so are shaped differently to be able to route around
the carbs. DWR also makes manifolds that are specifically for use with
Webers. Because of the position of the Weber inlet manifolds the 'Weber'
exhaust manifolds can come straight out from the head for several inches
before dipping down, this 'Weber' type cannot be used with SUs. I decided
the cost wasn't worth it as my exhaust manifolds are still in great
condition.

Bob, that's correct, we decided to increase the compression ratio because
of the 300 degree cam.

Derek