Re: [Healeys] Healey hill climb accident

To: "'Michael Salter'" <michaelsalter@gmail.com>, "'Forum'" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Healey hill climb accident
From: "Mark Donaldson" <ardmorebusiness@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2013 12:17:48 +1300
Spot on, Michael.
The car has rack & pinion steering, so the control head is fixed to
the wheel boss.

The noise you hear at the end is in fact the fuel pump.  I have a
Bendix which sounds exactly the same. I should know what it is as the
car sat in my garage for a year.

Before the run started you could also hear it.

And we still have a drought.  ALL of the North Island has been
declared a drought zone, and even parts of the South, including the
West Coast.

Mark
Auckland, NZ