Re: [Healeys] BJ8 Rear quarter panel rust trap

To: "'healeys'" <Healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] BJ8 Rear quarter panel rust trap
From: "BJ8 Healeys" <sbyers@ec.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2013 17:33:51 -0400
Dan, I would assume your car -- like most now -- is not a daily driver, does
not frequently drive on wet roads (and never on salty roads), and that you
will be rinsing out whenever you wash the car any mud or dirt that
accumulates in the area.  If so, it isn't likely that the surface rust you
have now is going to get much worse.  If it were my car, I would clean and
dry the area, seal the cracks with 3M body sealant or equivalent, then paint
with Eastwood's Rust Encapsulator, then topcoat when dry with an aerosol
spray undercoat product.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry