[Healeys] Cooling system filter installation - xpost

To: healeys@autox.team.net <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Cooling system filter installation - xpost
From: "Steve B. Gerow" <steveg@abrazosdata.com>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2013 15:20:15 -0800
Peter Roses and I have been running purified water with water-wetter for a
couple of years. This resulted in us both having to have our radiators serviced
due to many of the tubes being clogged by rust flakes. Neither of us had a
corrosion problem when we were running coolant mixtures.

In addition to this, there is info online showing Water Wetter deteriorates
after a while into a brownish gunk that can clog things up.

I decided to install a Tefba cooling system filter at least for a while to
capture any more rust bits still in the block and have pictures of the flushing
results and Tefba install with info on the filter. (No financial interest)

http://www.pbase.com/stevegerow/coolingsysupgrade

PS - an engineer at Royal Purple told me distilled or ionized purified water is
the most aggressive corrosion agent. We should be using tap water or filtered
drinking water. The minerals protect the engine.

--
Steve Gerow
BN6