Re: [Healeys] Braking-Update

To: Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Braking-Update
From: Warren Dietz <flyhihealey@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 05:33:15 -0400
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2013 17:26:48 -0400
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Braking
From: michaelsalter@gmail.com
To: flyhihealey@hotmail.com
CC: healeys@autox.team.net

Hi Warren,
I think you may want to check that the vacuum hose has not collapsed. Check
carefully that the inner liner has not separated from the outer case.

Michael Salter

http://www.netbug.net/blogmichael/?p=445

On Tue, Jul 9, 2013 at 12:59 PM, Warren Dietz <flyhihealey@hotmail.com>
wrote:

Have been experiencing a strange symptom when applying brakes. After driving

around

for short periods(after warm up) my braking seems to require greater
pressure

to stop. If I pump the peddle a few times then the booster seems to kick in

again and stopping is normal. The brakes feel a bit grabby when the booster

does work.

 The last few years I've noticed a whistling sound when shutting off the

engine with foot on brake peddle? Of course the whistling has stopped since

this problem.   I suspect the booster. It is a replacement  from the'80's.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

WD 67 BJ8

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/michaelsalter@gmail.com