Re: [Healeys] electrical gremlin

To: "healeymanjim@hansencc.net" <healeymanjim@hansencc.net>, "healeys@autox.team.net" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] electrical gremlin
From: Michael Salter <michaelsalter@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2013 08:43:31 -0400
You have brought up a very interesting point.
I don't have a BT7 wiring diagram so I based my response on my knowledge of
the BN1 and BJ8.
On the BN1 the signal warning lamp bridges terminals 2 and 6 of the DB10
flasher relay and the turn signal bulbs not in use act as the ground path for
the warning lamp bulb.
On the phase 1 BJ8 ( pre 66 ) the circuits for the 2 signal warning lamps is
essentially the same.
But after getting your note I checked the BN2 wiring diagram and surprise,
surprise the circuit for the signal warning light is as you describe....
My guess as to why this change occurred is that the flasher unit design
improved in such a way that the "P" terminal was now used to power the signal
warning lamp and the flasher unit itself detected the decreased current
consumption when a bulb blew and stopped powering the "P" terminal.
There will be a test!!!

Michael S