Re: [Healeys] Watkins Glen BN1

To: "Healey list" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Watkins Glen BN1
From: "Carr&Edwards" <scvc70@epix.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 07:50:54 -0400
Ken realized he'd missed a turn, slowed, and began to turn left into a
driveway to turn around--and an idiot in a Honda S2000 came flying up from
behind, passing several cars behind Ken, and hit his TR3B just in front of
the driver's
door.  Just about tore the left front quarter off the car.  A second or so
later and I think Ken would have died.  As it was, he & Debbie (she had to
be cut out of the car) were airlifted to a hospital in Corning, but
fortunately neither was seriously hurt.  The saddest thing is that Ken had
owned his car for over 40 years.

The Honda driver immediately admitted it was entirely his fault (he was
probably afraid of being lynched by the other drivers....) -- insurance paid
up, and Ken has since bought another TR3B, which he and Debbie drove on the
rally this year--good for them!
Sarah