Re: [Healeys] Hard Top interior lining and padding.

To: David Porter <frogeye@porterscustom.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Hard Top interior lining and padding.
From: Derek Job <derek.c.job@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2013 17:09:09 +0100
Cc: Forum <healeys@autox.team.net>
Thanks Guys.

I understand exactly what has happened. One of the screws holding the roof
clip in place on the drivers side was missing. The clip was loose which
 allowed the metal point on that side to slide out. As I did not understand
how the side clips were held in place I broke the passenger side one when
removing the whole piece at the track. The metal piece came away from the
ply wood. I salvaged the clip and attached it to another piece of ply and
glued it back onto the main piece of wood. I'll see tomorrow if it holds.

The tacks that hold the metal clips to the wood have two prongs on the end
and these are bent over behind the wood. Obviously done before the padding
and fabric is put on.

Derek