Re: [Healeys] distributor plate.

To: "healeymanjim@hansencc.net" <healeymanjim@hansencc.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] distributor plate.
From: Chris Dimmock <austin.healey@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Nov 2013 16:11:17 +1100
Cc: "healeys@autox.team.net" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Sorry. Misread the question....
Dunno. I only have a single fixed plate ala Cooper S in my 23D6. None of that
vacuum advance complications. ;-)
Best
Chris

Sent from my iPhone

On 02/11/2013, at 4:04 PM, Chris Dimmock <austin.healey@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey Jim,
> Is yours a DM6 distributor, or a 25D6??
> I get confused as when they changed...
> Either way, It's way more likely to be the clamping face of the alloy
distributor body, than the steel clamp, that is causing you the issue...
> If its a 25D6 (BJ8 type) then the clamping area is undercut. Over tightening
the clamp on a 25D6 crushes the clamping face. You can machine the clamping
face off, and make a new larger height, smaller diameter alloy clamp (or buy
the clamp from e.g. Denis Welch)
> If its a DM6, a quick clean up of the round alloy mounting surface in a
lathe usually gets things round, and evenly clamping tight again.
> Hope that helps.
> Chris.
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On 02/11/2013, at 3:24 PM, <healeymanjim@hansencc.net> wrote:
>
>> while trying to track down a low speed hesitation during acceleration on a
tri-carb, i discovered the distributor plate that moves was loose in the
bottom plate.  appears worn and is sloppy.  two questions:  could this be the
cause of the low speed roughness and does anyone have a servicable plate for a
bt7 that i could buy ?  hjim

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/austin.healey@gmail.com