[Healeys] Rear shock bolts

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Rear shock bolts
From: Michael Hartfield <hartfiel@alumni.princeton.edu>
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2013 04:05:19 -0700
Take a look at this short video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgwmuZuJ02I

Nord-Lock washers should be ideal for shocks.  I have them on my front
shocks with no problem, but I have only driven about 2,500 miles since
installation.

 From: Richard Kahn <tahoehealey@hotmail.com>
To: "healeys@autox.team.net" <healeys@autox.team.net>

I read sometime ago about using Allen head bolts to hold the rear shocks on
BJ8 as it is near impossible to get tools into the tight areas.  As I am
again
experiencing  loosening nuts, I would like to do something different. Anyone
else having trouble with loosening shocks. I have hardened washer and lock
wishers and two nuts on each bolts. I'm wondering if the bolts are
stretching
(really only one has loosened). Would stainless be less likely to stretch?
Rich Kahn