Re: [Healeys] Torquing Studs.2

To: Forum Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Torquing Studs.2
From: Wilko2 <e-wilkins@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2013 17:32:57 -0800
That may be ok for some, but in my experience, if the studs aren't tight
enough, they'll come out with the nuts and that can be real a pain the ass in
some applications like the manifold studs or other location that only has
enough room to remove the nuts. Sure the main caps will be fine for removal,
but it's much easier to put on the caps with the studs in place AND it may not
be best to try use that stud as a "screw" when trying to re assemble.

Short version: finger tight is usually not enough torque.

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/e-wilkins@cox.net