[Healeys] Felt Sealing Strips

To: "healeys@autox.team.net" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Felt Sealing Strips
From: Mike Tobin <ahbt71@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2013 21:28:03 -0500
Thanks for the input on the main cap studs - I'm going with finger tight
 Some dissension in ranks, but that's normal
The crank is now resting on it bearings and the inner caps are in place but
not torqued down.
Before I put the end caps on what about those felt sealing strips?  I can
see myself screwing them up and not knowing it - the caps are a real tight
fit.
Any hints on how to do this?  Soak them in the assembly oil first?
Thanks Again
Mike Tobin

Damn, I'm having fun finally putting the beast back together!