Re: [Healeys] BJ8 with BJ7 id was for sale at Gullwing motors

To: "'Healeys'" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] BJ8 with BJ7 id was for sale at Gullwing motors
From: "BJ8Healeys" <sbyers@ec.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2013 06:15:15 -0500
I can tell you that there are simply an amazing number of BJ8s out there
with scrambled numbers.  Even "very high-dollar restorations" have been
found with mixed up identities.  Anyone with any ideas of buying a BJ8 would
be well-advised to check with the BJ8 Registry for any available information
about a car before putting down their money.  The Registry has records now
for 8,345 BJ8s worldwide, which is approaching 50% of total production so
there is a good chance that the Registry can be a useful resource in
avoiding "surprises".

Sometimes owners of these cars are interested in sorting out the
misidentification, but unfortunately too many are not.  I've seen some
unloaded quickly after the owner found out about the issue.  They could have
saved themselves some trouble if they had checked with the Registry before
buying it, and that includes dealers.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry