Re: [Healeys] Timing Chain Tensioner

To: "Elton Schulz" <eschulz@frontiernet.net>, "Healey List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Timing Chain Tensioner
From: "teamhealeytexas" <fredcrowley@teamhealeytexas.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2013 22:10:26 -0600 {sentby:smtp auth 71.170.125.38 authed with fredcrowley@teamhealeytexas.com}
I too ran into the same problem recently when I purchased the tensioner
assembly from Moss. Not only did it not have the plug in the bottom, but it
didn't have an oiler hole in the side facing the front plate. This was for
my race engine in my '62 3000 and I needed to get it back together quickly.
I didn't have time to research why the differences. I didn't trust the new
body, so I used my old body with the plug and oil hole with the new spring
and friction shoe. Worked great. Still don't know why the different
tensioner body is being used, but would like to know.

Y'all take care, eh?
Fred
Team Healey Texas