Re: [Healeys] youtube of Caroll Shelby driving the streamliner

To: "'Kenneth Lybolt'" <lyboltinsurance@hotmail.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] youtube of Caroll Shelby driving the streamliner
From: "Patrick & Caroline Quinn" <p_cquinn@tpg.com.au>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 17:19:07 +1100
G'day

True Carroll Shelby did drive for The Donald Healey Motor Company at
Bonneville in 1954 and 1956. In 1956 with the six-cylinder attempts Shelby,
as a team driver did set the endurance record, but it was DMH who set the
200mph record in the Streamliner. Shelby also drove a 100S in the 1954
Carrera Panamericana, but crashed badly braking his arm.

The youtube footage is purely about the six-cylinder Streamliner and shows
DMH setting the 200 mph record and not the endurance record. It does not
show Shelby nor the endurance car at all.

The title of the youtube video is 'Carroll Shelby lost films land speed
record in Austin Healey' which implies to me that Shelby actually took the
original film. I seem to recall that Shelby (as was DMH) was a keen
photographer.

The roles played by everyone is clearly explained in GCH's book "The
Special"

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn

Somewhere in the South Pacific