Re: [Healeys] Dash hexagonal lock nut

To: "Curtis Arndt" <cnaarndt@gmail.com>, "Darin Graber" <dkgraber85@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Dash hexagonal lock nut
From: "Graeme Molony" <molony@dodo.com.au>
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2014 16:50:07 +1100
Cc: healeys@autox.team.net
Darin

I checked my garage when I got home  late today.You might be out of luck as
it appears that of the switches, nuts etc that I have that 95% of them are
off later models (BJ8's etc)

I did however find 2 chromed hexagonal nuts of the type you are after but
based on Curts advice /measurements I think they may be too large and I
don't have a head light switch to check it against.

The chromed nuts I have are 13/16" wide approx 1/8" inch deep with a thread
width of 5/8" and appear to be 24 threads per inch. Sorry I don't have a
thread gauge.

I checked with a mate who has an early  BT7 (1959 model) and his Head Light
switch also has the round nut with the recesses to tighten so no joy there.

Can you check the size of the nut you require and if the ones I have are of
any use would be happy to send you one

Alternatively guys any idea what dash switch these nuts actually fit.

Cheers
Graeme M
Mount Martha
Aust