Re: [Healeys] BN1 100/4 Drain plug size and thread

To: Curtis Arndt <cnaarndt@gmail.com>, STEPHEN CUSS <stephen.j.cuss@btinternet.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] BN1 100/4 Drain plug size and thread
From: Bob Haskell <rchaskell@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2014 16:42:10 -0500
Cc: "healeys@autox.team.net" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Curt,

According to the article on Wikipedia, during world war II the hex heads
of the BSF and BSW fasteners became the same size.  The BSW were
originally larger than the BSF; became the same size as the BSF.  So
depending on when the wrench/socket was produced, markings may vary.

The standard TPI for 3/4 BSF is 12, not 14.

Andrew,

3/4" BSP (british standard pipe) has a major ID of 1.041"; not 3/4".  So
it's too large. http://www.britishfasteners.com/threads/bsp.html

I may just have to order one from Moss to see if it matches the one I
measured. :)

Cheers,

Bob Haskell
AHCA 3000 Mk I registrar