Re: [Healeys] BJ8 Gearbox Removal

To: Patrick & Caroline Quinn <p_cquinn@tpg.com.au>, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] BJ8 Gearbox Removal
From: Tom Felts <tomfelts@windstream.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2014 21:30:05 -0500
I've done it three times.  Other than the grunt work, not much to it--proper
shoring up on the bottom while sliding it rearward and a helper up top.

tom

---- Patrick & Caroline Quinn <p_cquinn@tpg.com.au> wrote:

=============
G'day

I am about to do something that in 42 years of Austin-Healey ownership I
have managed to avoid.

That's the removal of a BJ8 gearbox.

I have removed many a BN1 box and have lost count of the number of times I
have removed and refitted the gearbox (100S + OD) in the BN3 and have even
removed a gearbox in a real Healey, but never one from a BJ8.

Please tell me that apart from the console and other modern (?) stuff there
isn't much of a difference?

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn

Blue Mountains, Australia