Re: [Healeys] End of an era

To: John Sims <ahbn6@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] End of an era
From: Chris Dimmock <austin.healey@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2014 23:27:58 +1000
Cc: Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
John.
Bloody hell mate!!
I went to sleep very late last night, after watching this young reprobate
Aussie bloke called Dan Riccardo win his 2nd F1 GP. How good was that!!!
A pretty uneventful day in the office, check this arvo on Facebook - and Denis
Welch has died in a race incident at Silverstone.
http://m.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/115183
By now, my euphoria from Dan's win is all gone.
Denis Welch died at Silverstone on the weekend. Denis shared his race secrets
with all of us amateurs. And his parts.
Who raced the old Nurburgring, in a Healey? That would be Denis Welch.
Who had 2 wins. A second. And a 3rd. In 4 years?? In a 10 lap race, on a 26 km
track, with 180 cars?. Yes. One Hundred and eighty cars on the grid?
That would be Denis Welch.
RIP Denis.
Now you're leaving us too??
Seriously John?