[Healeys] oil pressure (again)

To: healeys@autox.team.net <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] oil pressure (again)
From: <healeymanjim@hansencc.net>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2014 02:26:22 +0000
still trying to figure out why this bt7 has only about 30 or so pounds of oil
pressure when it first starts and goes down from there.  the engine was rebuilt
and has only about 1000 miles on it.  according to owner, it has always been
that way.  most oil pressure ever seen was about 45 on cold mornings.  we have
eliminated as problem area the filter, rocker arms system, the pressure relief
valve, the indicating system, and oil pump.  i am beginning to suspect a major
leak inside the engine, either from crankshaft (we are going to plastigage each
journal) or possibly a hole in oil gallery somewhere.  any thing i might be
missing?  TIA  hjim