Re: [Healeys] Dual Throat SUs

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Dual Throat SUs
From: Dean Caccavo <healeybn7@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2014 14:56:49 -0700
Interesting discussion on the SUs.

We have a 61 Warwick GT that is fitted with a period built TR3 Tunex Stage II
engine.  This was the only Tunex 4 cylinder engine that was built for Warwick
Cars (Bernie Rogers Developments).  They could barely afford the one.  8mm film
and photos of the original engine shows it with a pair of SU DU6 carbs.

When their racing campaign ended, the engine was de-tuned and installed into a
customer car (our car).  As I understand it the only modification was to remove
the SU DU6 carbs and replace them with off the shelf TR3 carbs.   I wish I was
the one to take them off - at least I would have a pair as they are impossible
to fine, and look wonderful.

Dean