Re: [Healeys] Aluminum vs Copper/Brass Radiator?

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Aluminum vs Copper/Brass Radiator?
From: Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2014 23:33:59 +0200
It is difficult to compare the heat transfer of aluminium and
copper/brass radiators. In theory copper conducts the heat better than
aluminium. However it may well be that because of the construction an
aftermarket aluminium radiator dissipates more heat than a standard
brass/copper one. A brass/copper radiator with an improved/enlarged core
would as well.
Anyone got any numbers for heat transfer per square meter or foot for
the various options?
Kees Oudesluijs
NL