Re: [Healeys] Overdrive Relay

To: healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Overdrive Relay
From: Keith Taylor <ktee20@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2014 13:05:19 +1000
The o/d relay has (2) windings one to pull in  the solenoid (heavy amp drag
)  the other is to hold it in .
In the hold position the pull in coil is disconnected    (internal contacts)
Permanently energising the pull in coil will burn it out

SO if a relay serves this function all is OK

To test energise with amp meter in line , current will drop to low amps
 Not sure what hold in amps  should be -----research required

Some relays are suitable to be continuously energised

Keith Taylor
Umina Beach   OZ