Re: [Healeys] Spark/no spark condition

To: Fred Wescoe <fredwescoe@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Spark/no spark condition
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2014 21:55:11 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Thread-index: hokdvhbdNLSPVkGtGKcuxz9JfMwppw== s=q20140121; t=1410299713; bh=fpl++G8ARwD1FfIzqowwqnJLNmFinXJ3WcPHyzzI3MI=; h=Received:Received:Date:From:To:Message-ID:Subject:MIME-Version: Content-Type; b=kb6hcdRMW+RFkGh+NqhMsKkh+n8J0FnfqkY+IaBwgB9vLCcgzbqIuP3cyJU5Ox43S PU/Mw8cs087FFdsJ79HPW3eQYvDPS75ChfEHjXmcDfa75cWKuIhWNnsSY8hvl/UWX+ mrHF+5cpA8QRjUJ8BfuXvIAAr1JKjMyYe/j35aUXMF1o9olB9J2bf2arJFbeFB2pSB PzAEi7TYoKkFAARAwoTAULrTA1ZVe2nYS6Bwnw7QE+qO9FIfmKshaHNsd+9+a9YzLw xH6YpDFL1oS9qNCRd3oTLp4x3UDf0mEzrdgkwbnpvLWqtWeYMeOKQI7xE+2sLqsBV+ T3dVkuna24hrQ==
Working from (sometimes faulty) memory, the white wire with black tracer
usually goes to the cutoff switch in the boot. In the 'OFF' position, the
white/black wire grounds the coil on a points system; when I installed a
Pertronix I switched the wire and used it to supply +VE to the Pertronix (in
the off position the Ignitor gets no juice).

Anyway, if the wire is making intermittent contact could be your problem. I
don't have the workshop manual with me, but I believe it shows the white/black
wire going to the cutoff switch.

Bob