[Healeys] Wheeler Dealers and the Like

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] Wheeler Dealers and the Like
From: editorgary@aol.com
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2014 14:17:10 -0400
 I like Wheeler-Dealers because Ed always includes some basic tips on
diagnosing and fixing basic problems, like brakes, or transmissions, or
suspensions.

The other program that does the same thing very very well is
All-Girls Garage.

Incidentally, both of these shows, which pretend to be
peeks into ongoing businesses, are simply TV programs that are put together as
sets of shows. I wonder if Ed even HAS a garage of his own. The All-Girls
garage is just a TV studio they use to film an entire series, then the three
go off to different parts of the country.

Incidentally, the one show I find
totally useless for valuable information is Chasing Classic Cars.

Gary Anderson
Editor at Large
Austin-Healey Magazine
----------------------------------------------------------------------Message:
1Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2014 14:28:54 -0400From: Kent McLean
<kentmclean@comcast.net>To: healeys@autox.team.netSubject: Re: [Healeys]
Chasing CarsMessage-ID: <54172FE6.8020709@comcast.net>Content-Type:
text/plain; charset=windows-1252; format=flowedLou G wrote:> Typical used car
dealer hype...>> My favorite: Wheeler Dealers on Velocity--> They make $400
profit & they're ecstatic !I don't think they factor in Edd China's labor.
They total up parts and materials, outside sourced work, and the cost of the
car, but I don't recall seeing Edd's hours. It seems like he works for free.
It makes for a good show, though.  I like, too, that they do all sorts of
cars, including a Sprite.-- Kent McLean'56 100 BN2