Re: [Healeys] mallory dual point distributors

To: Bob Haskell <rchaskell@earthlink.net>, AustinHealey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] mallory dual point distributors
From: <healeyguy@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2014 01:21:05 +0000
Bob

The Mallory dual point that I have has hard fiber rub blocks on the points were
they contact the cam. I have seen felt pads on distributors before but the
intent was to aid in lubing the cam to points interface.

Aloha

Perry

Sent from Windows Mail

Bob wrote:

Listers,
I was a bit surprised to see that on this dizzy, there is a felt pad
between the cam and each follower.  Would think that the relatively
"soft" felt might affect the gap over time.