Re: [Healeys] GPS Machine

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] GPS Machine
From: Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2014 13:42:01 +0200
TomTom and Garmin are the best. The display and instructions are best on
the TomTom, maps and speed can be better on the Garmin.
In the past I have done some consumer tests on sat navs and TomTom
always came out best followed closely by Garmin.
For both counts that you are generally best off with the simpler and
cheaper devices as the expensive ones have so many possibilities that
using them becomes very complex.
These devises are also far better than the very expensive integrated
systems. For one these are usually in the wrong spot, low down in the
dash, the TomTom and Garmin can be placed right in the line of your
vision, and updates cost a bloody fortune while updates for the TomTom
and Garmin are free for as long as you have it.

Kees Oudesluijs