Re: [Healeys] Odd misfire problem Cooper S

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Odd misfire problem Cooper S
From: Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2014 21:05:10 +0200
I would still try a new sparkplug AND lead for no. 2. I had a similar
problem with my JH years ago in the late seventies on my holidays in
France for about a fortnight. Dismantled the whole chibang several
times, no luck and finally came to the conclusion that is was the plug
lead. I went to one of those small road side garages and asked for a
plug lead. He asked: for what car? I told him it was for a Jensen
Healey. He did not have any! I tried to explain that any thing of a
suitable length was OK but he still maintained that it would not work. I
then asked him if I could take a plug lead of one of the scrap 2-CV's
lying about in the yard. "OK, go ahead if you must, but it will not
work" . He was absolutely dumbfounded when the engine started up as
sweet as a nut. I was his knowledgeable hero of the day.

Kees Oudesluijs