[Healeys] Stubborn bolts/nuts

To: "Healeys@autox.team.net" <Healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Stubborn bolts/nuts
From: rkeysor <rkeysor@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2014 07:47:45 -0700
I have never done the task at hand but will report a study that came from a
publication called something like Machinist's Monthly in which a combination of
equal amounts of ATF and acetone proved superior to Croil and other dedicated
rust-breaker liquids.  Croil has long been used to help free rifle barrels from
gun receivers, those things generally being really torqued when they were
installed.  There are countless old military rifles that pose a removal
challenge. I now keep a small bottle of the ATF/acetone mix, though I haven't
tackled anything very challenging using the mix. My Croil now sits on the
shelf.  I can provide a reference to the study if anyone requests it.