[Healeys] Koni front shock kit.

To: "'Healey List'" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Koni front shock kit.
From: "Simon Lachlan" <simon.lachlan@homecall.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2014 13:51:11 -0000
I took my front telescopic shocks off just now. I learnt that the kit is the
usual one ie not a clone as I'd been led to believe was possible, even
likely.

The shocks are red Konis, 80-1503. The writing engraved on the tubes is
indistinct but there is a "HEAVY" and a "D", plus the Koni symbol, "Made in
Holland" and some more illegible stuff. Plus a date,  6 65.

Now my records show a post from Del Border who says that the tubes fitted
fore and aft were Koni 80 Series, 1263 Special D. ie 80-1263. Does anyone
know if my 1503s are the same as/a replacement of the 1263s or what?

And what is a modern equivalent for a 1263 which Koni has discontinued?

Thanks,

Simon