[Healeys] non-Healey: remote starter switch

To: Forum <Healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] non-Healey: remote starter switch
From: Bob Haskell <rchaskell@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2014 16:59:38 -0500
Listers,

I got an old automotive remote starter switch with some other test
equipment.  The electrical cable is dried out and cracking, so I took
the switch apart to replace it.  I was surprised to see that the cable
is three conductors and that there's a light bulb inside the hand grip.
  The light can't be seen through the grip (no holes) and the wire from
the bulb holder doesn't have anything attached on the other end.  But
the cable is in rough shape, so I don't know if there use to be a third
clamp or that it was connected to one of the other two clamps.  So what
is the purpose of the light bulb?

The only marking is "Hunt Wilde" on the grip.  I'm guessing they made
the grip, not the remote starter switch.

Cheers,

Bob Haskell
AHCA 3000 Mk I registrar
http://www.ciahc.org/registry_3000mk1.php