Re: [Healeys] Healey on BAT Auction

To: Wilko2 <e-wilkins@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Healey on BAT Auction
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2014 17:14:18 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Thread-index: ScYYxFwtKEjfU8CezD46r3Adk9pVaQ== s=q20140121; t=1417713258; bh=dIE7vaTTV1IoIHv2fhLQWAeA0aGNgx1rrK6WP/+HiXQ=; h=Received:Received:Date:From:To:Message-ID:Subject:MIME-Version: Content-Type; b=qYzTJnAGpnMU05IQ7RQ41tdhWNa6so1WkL6Sf6+sYX3zowRDJs12NMVezjy/Bi8OR KD7smLoYAyS0R9GvuPCL4SpF5ug4JLREVGIyTk9pD6U7FcUEgwQnNtIi+DNHmiBovi cbI2jJi2pLqWvdmKbVjrvaXrFmWgIW1XtWA4RzyiQZtPMHCswc+jeLJ6XuNqOUsE9T iKX3avNyGsZ1l3ce+deXEBhKrkAf9+IHM/ZFIzjePS3u676hqreK4nIE2QZru14tT8 9aMsW/p5KA/BfaaoDzxGJS2yxdWZf8TJFmwJHlG8IbdvjHLrWyF/JjvalzL0mvPp8s RN9DPs3+zQmNQ==
"... original 2.9 liter six and gearbox replaced by a strong running Volvo B18
and M41 4-speed overdrive combo, which the seller says is hundreds of pounds
lighter than the stock set up. Recently resprayed in BMIHT-verified factory
correct Healey Blue ..."

Interesting juxtaposition: a bastardized--yes, it is--drivetrain with a
'purist' paint job.

I'm beginning to get a bit peeved with the 'purist' label and its (slightly)
negative connotation. I happen to like Austin-Healeys--though I'm not above
slapping in a Pertronix or a SS fuel pump so I'm a bit more relaxed on my 4,000
mile+ trips--but if you want to drive a Volvo-Healey or a Ford-Healey or a
Chevy-Healey that's fine with me. Just don't call me a 'purist' because I want
to own and drive the car that God (aka Donald M. Healey) and his disciples
created.

Also have issues with the 'factory correct Healey Blue'--that's purist
talk!--as it's my understanding there's an infinite number of variations, even
from the factory.

Off the soapbox for now.

Bob