[Healeys] Stainless competition valves

To: "healeys@autox.team.net" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Stainless competition valves
From: Andy Thorp <bce257@yahoo.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2014 18:01:57 -0800
Hi Guys,

I am looking to get some stainless valves from UK and have just been advised
by the seller that they are incompatible with cast iron guides. Can anyone
confirm that this is true, conversely is anyone using AH Spares 'competition'
valves in cast iron guides without issue.

The early type stainless valves were not compatible with iron guides since the
stems aren't hardened, however supposedly the competition valves have "pulsed
plasma nitrided" stems. I don't want to order them and find out the hard way
that they are no use.

Andy.