Re: [Healeys] advice needed -- BT7 electric choke problem

To: <britfan1@epix.net> <britfan1@epix.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] advice needed -- BT7 electric choke problem
From: Wilko2 <e-wilkins@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2014 15:33:27 -0800
Cc: Healey list <healeys@autox.team.net>
Sounds to me like he's got the car idling with throttle screws instead of "the
screw that regulates the amount of air that bypasses the throttle plates".
That's not it's job. That screw is the idle screw.

He'll need to make sure that the throttle plates close all the way and there
is no other air leaking into the manifold. To do this loosen the throttle rod
connector that joins the two carbs and seat the throttle plates to fully
closed. Get those screws off the throttle stops.

Fully close what he's calling the bypass screw and then open 2 1/2 turns. THAT
is the idle screw. There is a screw for mixture and that ain't it.

Rick Wilkins

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/e-wilkins@cox.net