Re: [Healeys] Restoration update 1959 BN4

To: Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Restoration update 1959 BN4
From: HealeyRick <healeyrik@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2015 13:52:43 -0500
Cc: "healeys@autox.team.net" <healeys@autox.team.net>

--f46d0418251ecdc433050c8d200d

Kees,

When Rootes proposed to build the Tiger, they arranged for the build of two
prototypes; a well-funded one by Shelby and a bargain basement one by Ken
Miles.  Shelby wanted to land the contract to build the cars in the US, but
Rootes decided to build the cars at the Jensen factory at West Bromwich and
pay a royalty to Shelby for each car built.  Tigers seem to be ahead of the
market in appreciation due to the Shelby connection in the development and
Shelby's passing.  Prices have risen quite steeply over the last few years.

On Tue, Jan 13, 2015 at 11:58 AM, Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl> wrote:

>  I seem to remember that Shelby did a one of conversion of the Sunbeam
> Alpine. This conversion was then again modified by Jensen who also
> performed the final conversion/building of the car.
> Kees Oudesluijs
> NL

--f46d0418251ecdc433050c8d200d

 Tiger, they arranged for the build of two prototypes; a well-funded one by=
 Shelby and a bargain basement one by Ken Miles.=C2=A0 Shelby wanted to lan=
d the contract to build the cars in the US, but Rootes decided to build the=
 cars at the Jensen factory at West Bromwich and pay a royalty to Shelby fo=
r each car built.=C2=A0 Tigers seem to be ahead of the market in appreciati=
on due to the Shelby connection in the development and Shelby&#39;s passing=
.=C2=A0 Prices have risen quite steeply over the last few years. =C2=A0</di=
 2015 at 11:58 AM, Oudesluys <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:coudes=
luijs@chello.nl" target=3D"_blank">coudesluijs@chello.nl</a>&gt;</span> wro=
te:<br><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-=
left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
 =20
   =20
 =20
      one of conversion of the Sunbeam Alpine. This conversion was then
      again modified by Jensen who also performed the final
      conversion/building of the car.<br>
      Kees Oudesluijs<br>
      NL<br>
=3D"gmail_extra"><div class=3D"gmail_quote"><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quot=
e"><div lang=3D"EN-US"><div>

--f46d0418251ecdc433050c8d200d--