Re: [Healeys] torque wrench

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] torque wrench
From: Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2015 11:14:04 +0100
That is the more modern approach which is far more accurate than the
torque method which relies on new, dry (or lubricated when specified)
clean original surfaces.
Often with the modern approach surfaces should be lubricated, but always
check the fitting instructions.
It is all about clamping force, i.e. stretch in the bolts/studs that is
the decisive factor, not torque which can be a hit and miss affair.
Kees Oudesluijs