Re: [Healeys] Oil

To: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Oil
From: Al Malin <amalin@mac.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2015 11:19:30 -0400
Cc: Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Two answers - choose the one you like best

>From the Valvoline website FAQ page:
Q. Does motor oil expire? How long does motor oil generally last?
A. Valvoline motor oil does not have a documented expiration date. Under
optimal conditions, the product is stable for an extended period of time and
can be used as long as the American Petroleum Institute (API) rating on the
label continues to meet or exceed the requirements listed in your owner's
manual. If the rating is still current, shake the container before use to blend
any additives that may have settled.

Mobile Oil:
http://www.mobilindustrial.com/ind/english/files/tt-lubricating-oils-greases-shelf-life-recommendations.pdf

Al