Re: [Healeys] Speaker selection - kick panel/headlight bucket

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Speaker selection - kick panel/headlight bucket
From: Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2015 21:22:58 +0200
--===============3101846827291436929==
 boundary="------------080306070202020908060400"

--------------080306070202020908060400

Make sure they are compatible with the radio you are going to install.
The impedance is usually 4 or 8 Ohms. Also do not use a 100W speaker on
a period radio that will have an output of about 5W. Get a radio with FM
(available since the 50's) and DIN input socket so you can play your
smartphone, I-phone, I-pod, I-pad, MP3 player etc. If you really want to
add a touch of style fit a gramophone player.

Check the polarity of the radio. Most are - earth only, very few are +
earth only but there are also radio's that can switch polarity, ITT
Schaub Lorenz, Blaupunkt, Philips and quite a few Japanese radio's.

Kees Oudesluijs

Al Fuller schreef op 21-5-2015 om 17:48:
> All:
> I am at the point where I need to choose speakers for the BJ-8.  I've
> already installed headlight buckets up high in the front kick panels
> to hold the speakers.
> Any recommendations for speakers that have sounded good? They will
> need to be ~6" round, with the magnet less than about ~2.5"...
> [I haven't selected a radio or amp, so I am not in position to specify
> exactly how many watts they will need to handle, but it will need to
> be loud enough to hear at road speed...]
> Thanks in advance,
> Al Fuller
> al@bighealey.org
>
> '65 A-H BJ-8
> '85 Rx-7 GSL-SE

> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/coudesluijs@chello.nl
>

> Geen virus gevonden in dit bericht.
> Gecontroleerd door AVG - www.avg.com <http://www.avg.com>
> Versie: 2015.0.5941 / Virusdatabase: 4347/9830 - datum van uitgifte:
> 05/21/15

--------------080306070202020908060400

  <head>
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
      radio you are going to install. The impedance is usually 4 or 8
      Ohms. Also do not use a 100W speaker on a period radio that will
      have an output of about 5W. Get a radio with FM (available since
      the 50's) and DIN input socket so you can play your smartphone,
      I-phone, I-pod, I-pad, MP3 player etc. If you really want to add a
      touch of style fit a gramophone player.<br>
      Check the polarity of the radio. Most are - earth only, very few
      are + earth only but there are also radio's that can switch
      polarity, ITT Schaub Lorenz, Blaupunkt, Philips and quite a few
      Japanese radio's.<br>
      Kees Oudesluijs<br>
      Al Fuller schreef op 21-5-2015 om 17:48:<br>
      cite="mid:e445e92c734e4a27b0836930d4be929b@bighealey.org"
      type="cite">
        charset=iso-8859-1">
          BJ-8.  I've already installed headlight buckets up high in the
          front kick panels to hold the speakers.</div>
          They will need to be ~6" round, with the magnet less than
          about ~2.5"...</div>
          position to specify exactly how many watts they will need to
          handle, but it will need to be loud enough to hear at road
          speed...]</div>
            <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:al@bighealey.org";>al@bighealey.org</a><br>
            '65 A-H BJ-8<br>
            '85 Rx-7 GSL-SE</div>
      <pre wrap="">_______________________________________________
href="http://www.team.net/archive";>http://www.team.net/archive</a>
Forums: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://www.team.net/forums";>http://www.team.net/forums</a>

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:Healeys@autox.team.net";>Healeys@autox.team.net</a>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys";>http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a>

</pre>
        charset=us-ascii">
        Gecontroleerd door AVG - <a moz-do-not-send="true"
          href="http://www.avg.com";>www.avg.com</a><br>
        Versie: 2015.0.5941 / Virusdatabase: 4347/9830 - datum van
        uitgifte: 05/21/15</p>

--------------080306070202020908060400--