Re: [Healeys] More on windows

To: Stephen Hutchings <s.hutchings@rogers.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] More on windows
From: Alan Seigrist <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2015 12:52:06 +0800
Cc: Healeys List <healeys@autox.team.net>

--047d7b15a311e1f6c6051836c0d2

Somehow, I thought this was about what a crappy piece of software Windows
8.1 is, but thankfully it's on a more interesting topic.

Yes, you are right, there is just a simple U channel in the back of the
door.  It has a little mount welded to it, which screws to the door.  The
channel needs to be firmly mounted in the door, and should be free of dents
and small bends in the metal, as this will impede the movement of the
window.  If this is sorted properly, you won't need lubrication in here to
make the door window work right.

Cheers,

Alan

On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 9:48 AM, Stephen Hutchings <s.hutchings@rogers.com>
wrote:

> Because I didn't take my BJ8 doors apart, I've been learning the assembly
> as I go along.
> The window channels in the quarter lights are nice precise brass pieces,
> but what I found hiding in the back of the door is simple steel "U"
> channels, without any curve over at the edges. Do I have everything, or
> should there be an additional piece in this channel? I tend to think there
> isn't, because it is smeared with the greasy "grinding paste" I found in
> the brass channels.
> Thanks again,
> Stephen, BJ8

> Unsubscribe/Manage:

--047d7b15a311e1f6c6051836c0d2

oftware Windows 8.1 is, but thankfully it&#39;s on a more interesting topic=
n the back of the door.=C2=A0 It has a little mount welded to it, which scr=
ews to the door.=C2=A0 The channel needs to be firmly mounted in the door, =
and should be free of dents and small bends in the metal, as this will impe=
de the movement of the window.=C2=A0 If this is sorted properly, you won&#3=
9;t need lubrication in here to make the door window work right.</div><div>=
=3D"gmail_extra"><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote">On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 9:4=
8 AM, Stephen Hutchings <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:s.hutchings=
@rogers.com" target=3D"_blank">s.hutchings@rogers.com</a>&gt;</span> wrote:=
t:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><div><div style=3D"color:#000;background=
-color:#fff;font-family:HelveticaNeue,Helvetica Neue,Helvetica,Arial,Lucida=
 Grande,sans-serif;font-size:16px"><div dir=3D"ltr">Because I didn&#39;t ta=
ke my BJ8 doors apart, I&#39;ve been learning the assembly as I go along.</=
div><div>The window channels in the quarter lights are nice precise brass p=
ieces, but what I found hiding in the back of the door is simple steel &quo=
t;U&quot; channels, without any curve over at the edges. Do I have everythi=
ng, or should there be an additional piece in this channel? I tend to think=
 there isn&#39;t, because it is smeared with the greasy &quot;grinding past=
nk">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive"; target=3D"_blank">http://w=
ww.team.net/archive</a><br>
Forums: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums"; target=3D"_blank">http://www=