Re: [Healeys] Oil again

To: Bob Brown <blkbt7@yahoo.com>, Healeys List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Oil again
From: Tom Felts <tomfelts@windstream.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2015 7:51:30 -0400
Interesting----when I had mine rebuilt the shop wanted me to use Mobil 1.  I
tried it.  Every time I started the engine I had to wait for a while for the
engine to smooth out--like it was starving for oil.
Added Val 20/50 racing oil.  solved the problem.

Drained it--added
---- Bob Brown <blkbt7@yahoo.com> wrote:

=============
AndyAbout 5 years ago we had a club member that had his engine rebuilt by a
very reputable shop. Following the rebuilt the club member insisted that the
shop put Molbil-1 in the engine. The result was another rebuild with in 3
years. Don't know exactly what was the problem but the cam was damaged.Bob
      From: Andy Thorp <bce257@yahoo.co.nz>

Out of  interest, given all this oily discussion lately- has anyone actually
worn out a reconditioned engine from normal road driving? I rather suspect you
could put just about any modern oil in a Healey combined with a proper filter
and it'd go for a whole lot more miles than an original one ever did on
monograde.

Andy.