[Healeys] Looking for ideas

To: Michael <michael.salter@gmail.com>
Subject: [Healeys] Looking for ideas
From: Alan Seigrist <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2015 06:29:40 +0800
Cc: "Healeys@autox.team.net" <Healeys@autox.team.net>

--047d7b11212bd0f9c805195f28ed

Michael -

:(.  now I feel unhappy!

Can you safely fit a slide hammer puller on the shackle pins without
stripping the threads?  Usually they work for me if all else fails...
Maybe even have a second pair of hands & try putting axial pressure on the
inside of the bolt with a spanner and two locked nuts while using the slide
hammer on the outside thread...

Alan

On Friday, June 26, 2015, Michael <michael.salter@gmail.com
<javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','michael.salter@gmail.com');>> wrote:

> I left the seized shackle pins in both sides of this BN1 when it went off
> to TechnoStrip in the hope that they would come loose.
> They didn't so I've spent an inordinate amount of time trying to extract
> them without wreaking the mounts on the frame.
> Made a special puller, applied loss of heat, drilled right through each
> bush, grumbled a lot but they will not move despite being subjected to
> massive amount of force.
> Any ideas...damaging the mounts in the chassis makes for a very tedious
> repair.
> Michael S.
> BN1 #174

--047d7b11212bd0f9c805195f28ed

div><div>Can you safely=C2=A0fit a slide hammer puller on the shackle pins =
without stripping the threads?=C2=A0 Usually they work for me if all else f=
ails...=C2=A0 Maybe even have a second pair of hands &amp;=C2=A0try putting=
 axial pressure on the inside=C2=A0of the bolt with a spanner and two locke=
ascript:_e(%7B%7D,&#39;cvml&#39;,&#39;michael.salter@gmail.com&#39;);" targ=
et=3D"_blank">michael.salter@gmail.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br><blockquote class=
=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padd=
ing-left:1ex"><div><div><div style=3D"font-family:Calibri,sans-serif;font-s=
ize:11pt">I left the seized shackle pins in both sides of this BN1 when it =
went off to TechnoStrip in the hope that they would come loose.<br>They did=
n&#39;t so I&#39;ve spent an inordinate amount of time trying to extract th=
em without wreaking the mounts on the frame.<br>Made a special puller, appl=
ied loss of heat, drilled right through each bush, grumbled a lot but they =
will not move despite being subjected to massive amount of force.<br>Any id=
eas...damaging the mounts in the chassis makes for a very tedious repair.<b=

--047d7b11212bd0f9c805195f28ed--