Re: [Healeys] Headlight relay kit

To: Al Fuller <al@bighealey.org>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Headlight relay kit
From: HealeyRick <healeyrik@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2015 12:27:12 -0400
Cc: Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>

--f46d0444e9a53f1d990519fb0752

OR .... you could just install Hella watertight relays (google it for many
sources)

Rick Neville

On Fri, Jul 3, 2015 at 9:48 AM, Al Fuller <al@bighealey.org> wrote:

> We used airtight food containers purchased at a local food store.  They
> have
> heavy-gauge plastic, gaskets, and use lever lock closures...
>
> The picture attached is not what is on my car [picture found on the web],
> but IS representative of what is on the car.
>
> Yes, we did use a grommet where the mounting screws and wire penetrated the
> plastic [also a dab of silicone sealant, if it looked like an imperfect
> seal...].
>
> As I recall, keeping the relays still to wire them up and having some order
> in there called for the relays to be mounted to a piece of thin wood inside
> the plastic closure.
>
> Good luck,
>
> Al Fuller
> al at bighealey dot org
> '65 BJ-8
> '85 Rx-7

lass=3D"gmail_extra"><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote">On Fri, Jul 3, 2015 at =
9:48 AM, Al Fuller <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:al@bighealey.org=
lass=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;=
padding-left:1ex">We used airtight food containers purchased at a local foo=
d store.=C2=A0 They have<br>
heavy-gauge plastic, gaskets, and use lever lock closures...<br>
The picture attached is not what is on my car [picture found on the web],<b=
r>
but IS representative of what is on the car.<br>
Yes, we did use a grommet where the mounting screws and wire penetrated the=
plastic [also a dab of silicone sealant, if it looked like an imperfect<br>
seal...].<br>
As I recall, keeping the relays still to wire them up and having some order=
in there called for the relays to be mounted to a piece of thin wood inside=
the plastic closure.<br>
Good luck,<br>
Al Fuller<br>
al at bighealey dot org<br>