Re: [Healeys] brake servo dismantling

To: "goldengt@cal.net" <goldengt@cal.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] brake servo dismantling
From: Alan Seigrist <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2015 08:43:25 +0800
Cc: healeylist <healeys@autox.team.net>

--089e0158c17efc2b0b051b6c0e80

If you can get it out, have the bore sleeved and it will last forever.

On Tuesday, July 21, 2015, <goldengt@cal.net> wrote:

> I have been saving an old BJ8 servo to rebuild for many years. I have
> gotten the main bore seals out and it looks ok, but I cannot not get the
> control valve piston plug out of the body to get access to the control
> valve seals. The instructions say use some stiff wire to push it out, but
> it isn't budging. Should I just assume this is an indicator of sufficient
> corrosion to scrap the whole unit?
> Ken Freese
> 65 BJ8

--089e0158c17efc2b0b051b6c0e80

If you can get it out, have the bore sleeved and it will last forever.<br><=
br>On Tuesday, July 21, 2015,  &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:goldengt@cal.net";>gold=
engt@cal.net</a>&gt; wrote:<br><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"m=
argin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><div><div>I h=
ave been saving an old BJ8 servo to rebuild for many years. I have gotten t=
he main bore seals out and it looks ok, but I cannot not get the control va=
lve piston plug out of the body to get access to the control valve seals. T=
he instructions say use some stiff wire to push it out, but it isn&#39;t bu=
dging. Should I just assume this is an indicator of sufficient corrosion to=
lockquote>

--089e0158c17efc2b0b051b6c0e80--