Re: [Healeys] TRIPLEX logo

To: "'David Nock'" <healeydoc@gmail.com>, "'jerry wall'" <jwbn6hrdtp@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] TRIPLEX logo
From: "Tadeusz Malkiewicz" <Tadeusz.Malkiewicz@plusnet.pl>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2015 20:39:23 +0200
Cc: "'<healeys@Autox.Team.Net>'" <healeys@autox.team.net>
David and all,

There seem to be 3 patterns for the logos. I have 3 samples from various years:

0. 1948, Q1
TRIPLEX
XXX
PLATE
L50V
BVS Kite (larger)

0. 1948, from Q2
ASWS
TRIPLEX
XXX
PLATE
L50V
BVS Kite

1. 1950
ASWS
TRIPLEX
XXX
PLATE
L50V
BVS Kite

2. 1953
AS1
TRIPLEX
XXX
PLATE
L53V
BVS Kite

3. 1955 - 1959
AS1
TRIPLEX
XXX
PLATE
L55V -- to 59
AGREE (dots over letter 'E')
TP.GS.G
BVS Kite

If case 0, 1 & 2 the dots over following letters in TRIPLEX signify production
quarter of the glass:
T =January/February/March
R = April/May/June
I =July/August/September
P= October/November/December

If case 3 the dots over following letters in word TRIPLEX signify production
quarter of the glass:
T =January/February/March
R = April/May/June
E =July/August/September
X= October/November/December

Some of it is speculation, but it's believed that:
ASWS - American Standard Windshield
AS1 - glass with at least 70% transmission and can be used anywhere on a
vehicle.
AS2 can be used anywhere except for the windscreen,
AS3 believed to be only for use behind the drive e.g. privacy glass.
TRIPLEX and XXX surrounded by a broken circle  - TRIPLEX logo for laminated
glass
AGREE - may mean it's agreed with other Pilmington subsidiaries
TP.GS.G - may mean Triplex Pilkington Group St Gobain
BVS Kite - British Vehicular Safety logo
L <year> V - significance of letters L & V unknown. Letter 'V' changes to 'P'
for tinted glass.

Somewhere between '50  & '53 ASWS changed to AS1.
Somewhere between '53  & '55 letters AGREE / TP.GS.G were added.

I am missing  51, 52, 54, 57, 60 to answer when did these logos change...

Also, if anyone knows the significance of these letters or can confirm their
significance, it would be great..

Tadek

---